Ever wonder if Survey Junkie is legit or just another scam survey site? You're not the only one who asked this question. Learn the truths about this paid survey site.
Do you ever wonder if it is legit or not?
I was skeptical, at first, to try it just because there are a lot of scam survey sites out there. But I went ahead and tried it anyway.
I'm glad I did.
Continue reading below:
You'll find everything you know about Survey Junkie – one of the most popular paid online surveys right now.
Here's a little back story:
A couple of years ago, I was the only one working for my family, and my wife and baby stayed home. I was earning $50,000/year and living near D.C – one of the most expensive cities in the world.
The struggle is the right word to depict what we were going through back then.
It was survey sites that helped us make money.
Sure, we were doubtful, at first, based on the bad reviews we read and heard about survey sites. But we had to try ourselves because we needed extra money.
So, we did. Sites after sites, and month after month, we took surveys to make money. Some were straight garbage. But some were gems. Three months after we found the perfect sites for us, we started earning $200 to $300 a month.
What were those sites?
We use them up to now.
I know you got to this post because you're looking for a way to make extra money. Or to see if Survey Junkie is legit.
I hear you. I feel you.
That's precisely what I felt and had to go through when we were looking for the right survey sites.
This review will answer all your questions. At the end of this post, you'll see if this one is for you or not.
I'm not going to sugarcoat this review because I don't want to mislead you.
This post is here to inform and help you make the right decision.
The important answers you're looking for
Let's get this thing straight:
You came here to find out if this survey site is a scam, if it's safe to use, or if it's even legit. For sure, you also have questions if you should be quitting your day job in exchange for taking paid surveys.
You'll get your answers right now.
Is Survey Junkie legit?
Let's get this question answered because it's the most important of all.
The answer is yes.
With every survey panel, some people will say that this is a scam, and some will say it's real. It comes with the territory of survey sites.
Type in the phrase “Is Survey Junkie a scam?” and you'll find a ton of searches and answers.
If you're worried that you might be scammed, the answer is you won't.
This site is backed by Blue Media Ventures, which has an A+ rating with the BBB.
Is Survey Junkie safe?
Yes. Survey Junkie is safe to use.
It's not going to ask for personal information. Believe it or not, you can even sign up in less than 30 seconds using either your Facebook account or email account.
The more important question is if a good idea to use this site to help you quit your day job.
The answer is no. You won't become rich taking surveys. Even the most popular ones will not make you rich.
So, the lesson is that you shouldn't quit your day job for this.
How much does Survey Junkie pay?
You can choose from a list of surveys or panels you can take. You can earn points for every survey completed.
The amount you can potentially earn from completing surveys is between $2 to $75. The more detailed and longer the survey you answer, the higher you can make.Since there is a wide array of surveys with different topics and target markets, the profile surveys help it know you better and match you to higher-paying surveys that you are qualified to take.
In short, there’s more than one way to make extra money with it and use it as a side hustle.
Once you earned 1,000 points, you can start redeeming your points to cash via PayPal or Dwolla, or you can convert your points to gift cards such as Amazon and Target. 1,000 is equivalent to $10.
Survey Junkie review: Everything you need to know plus more
If you want to see if this is for you or not and if you use this as a side hustle, continue reading.
About Survey Junkie
Survey Junkie is one of the long-time running online survey sites. It was founded in Glendale, California. It is an online market research platform of Active Measure, formerly known as Blue Media Ventures.
Currently, it has over 3 million members who share their honest thoughts and opinions about big brands to make the company’s products and services more profitable.
Rating wise, Better Business Bureau awarded Blue Media Ventures with an A+ rating.
How does it work?
To put it in the most straightforward context, Survey Junkie works by signing up, answering the survey, earning and redeeming your points.
Like most survey sites, signing up with it is FREE. You should be at least 13 years old or older and currently residing in Australia, Canada, or the United States.
Once sign up is completed, you will need to create a profile and provide some personal information about yourself. This includes age, gender, mobile number, annual household income, etc.
Here's what you can do:
You can use your Facebook account to sign up. I tried it, and it took me less than 5 seconds to sign up for one. It’s that easy.
Now, this part is very important because this is where Survey Junkie will know what surveys will be used to match and qualify you to answer surveys.
Remember, completing the personal information questionnaire doesn’t automatically allow you to participate in all surveys or panels.
Once this part is completed, you are now able to start sharing your thoughts and opinions and earn money as you take the surveys.
Proof of payout
Tia, a Survey Junkie taker, made over $600 in less than ten days by spending a couple of minutes each day using it. Imagine that side hustle!
Not a lot of survey companies will pay like that.
Here is the proof to support this Survey Junkie review.
Sign up process
Signing up is very easy and fast. You have to supply your email address, birthday, gender, zip code, and enter your password. Signing up will already give you 25 points automatically.
After signing up, you need to complete your profile. This includes answering 16 questions about yourself. The questions consist of demographic and family-related questions. You have the option of not having to answer some of these questions.
Some of your answers to the questionnaire may lead to additional questions. Completing your profile will earn you an extra 50 points.
Here are some “newbie” points earning opportunities that you can bank on:
- Signing up will earn you 25 points
- Completing your profile will earn you 50 points
- Confirming your email will earn you 25 points
- Taking the “How it Works” tour will earn you 5 points
- Answering profile surveys will earn you 10 points each profile survey
That’s about a minimum of 115 points in total for you to possibly earn for just joining Survey Junkie.Since there is a wide array of surveys with different topics and target markets, the profile surveys help it know you better and match you to higher-paying surveys that you are qualified to take.
From the list of surveys, you will see how many points you can possibly earn for each survey and how long it will take you to answer the survey.
You may also observe that there are surveys that will earn you 40 points for 5 minutes. But, some surveys give you 40 points for 20 minutes. So, it pays to have an overview of the survey before you answer it.
Survey Junkie experience
Survey Junkie is good with letting you know afront how much extra money you will make per survey. #transparency101
Indeed, there are instances where you will start answering a survey and eventually don’t qualify. I know what a bummer. But that’s common to all other survey companies out there.
What separates it from the rest is that most of the time, you already get disqualified after answering just a few questions and not the entire survey like some other online survey sites.
Plus, you will also earn a part of the total points for that survey for your effort. Still, few points are better than no points at all, to be honest.
Here's what it means:
In short, you still get paid extra money even when you get disqualified. Only a few sites can say that.
Lastly, it sends you email notifications regularly advising you when there is an available survey for you to answer.
You have to be quick to do it because these surveys are filled out pretty fast. So, even if you have an email notification, it is not on a reserved basis, but rather, on a first-come, first-served basis.
It's natural to be skeptical about a product. After all, you're the one who's going to use it.
I know you've got a lot of burning questions about Survey Junkie, especially about data privacy, money-making potential, and reliability.
Let's get answers to those skepticisms.
Your information will not be shared. Your responses to survey questions will be and will be compiled along with other responses so companies can better a get sense of what products/services you need.
You are not going to get rich with Survey Junkie or even any other survey sites. That's the reality. That said, if you have free time and want to make extra money on the side, then survey sites like Survey Junkie are for you.Remember, one stay-home mom made over $500 in 10 days. You could make money or less, but you won't know that until you try.
Ask other survey takers if they haven't gotten rejected on any of their surveys. You'll find that everyone gets rejected from time to time.
You won't qualify for all the surveys you try. That's just the game. Some companies look for specific demographics. That said, the more surveys you work, the better the system will understand the best surveys that suit you.
It's like Google. The more searches you do, the better results you get because Google can understand your needs and intent.
The same idea goes with Survey Junkie.
How does the points system work?
As I’ve mentioned earlier, Survey Junkie lets you earn points instead of making cash directly.
For every completed and not qualified survey you take, you earn a certain number of points from each survey.You can also earn points from answering profile questionnaires, joining focus groups, and referring your friends to join.
There are also rewardable actions that you can earn points from. Rewardable actions are identifiable by several points being displayed inside a green button.
You can check your current points on your user dashboard. The dashboard will also show you your lifetime points. Clicking “My Points” from the drop-down menu will show you the history of your points.
Lifetime points are the total accumulated points throughout your membership with it, and Current Points are the total accumulated points that you haven’t redeemed yet.
Your points will not expire. But you have to remember that you need to log in and complete a survey within 12 months. Otherwise, all your points will be forfeited, and your account closed.
How can I make extra money?
If you're looking for a Survey Junkie review on how to make extra money, this is it.
For every 100 accumulated points, earns you $1. For you to start cashing out, you need to have at least $10 or 1,000 points in your account.
It looks scary, but it isn’t. I’ve recently taken two surveys, and those made me 1,500 points combined. In less than 20 minutes, I made $15. Not bad for just touching your phone and answering simple, basic questions.
It also features one of the lowest thresholds (out of many survey companies) for accumulated points or amount you need to earn before you can start cashing out.
Here's the deal:
Other survey sites will require you to earn at least $20 or $25 before redeeming your points.
You can start to redeem your points from the “My Points” menu or “Current Points” from the dashboard.
Converting your points to PayPal is available to Australia, Canada, or United States residents. For gift cards and direct bank transfer from Dwolla, this option is only available for members who are residing in the US.
Once you know what conversion method you want, you will be asked to provide an email address where you want your reward to be sent.
If you provide a new email address, an email confirmation will be sent to you first before you can receive your reward. This is to ensure that your reward will be delivered to you and not to the wrong person.
There are 2 points that you need to keep in mind when you redeem your points:
- You will not be able to redeem all your points for free gift cards. That said, you can redeem your points for gift cards for specific denominations. The available denominations for the free gift cards are $10, $15, $20, $25, and more.
- When you choose to cash out your points, you will be required to redeem all your current points. For example, if you have a total of $23 in your account, you must redeem all the $23. If you want to have a part of your points converted to gift cards, then you must redeem the gift card first before cashing out with PayPal.
How much can I make?
This is probably the most important part of this review, and the only part that matters to everyone who wants a side hustle. I’m kidding!
You might probably ask yourself if quitting your day job and answer surveys all day long will earn you enough money to get by. The answer is NO.
While it will not make you rich by just answering surveys, it does give you an extra cash opportunity for your spare time.
The truth is:
Even in Survey Junkie’s website, it is indicated that “You will NOT get rich by taking surveys.”. The points you can earn differs from another person.
How much money you can make out of it depends on you and your commitment to answering these surveys. Each completed survey earns you a different amount of points.
The thought is supposed to be the longer the survey is, the more points you’ll get after completing it. The amount you can potentially earn from completing surveys is between $2 to $75.
Here's a story:
Tia, a Survey Junkie taker, made over $600 in less than ten days by spending a couple of minutes each day using it. Best, more people have earned more than that. In short, her experience with it is not an unusual case.
The amount of extra money you can earn is also dependent on what surveys you are qualified to answer and how many surveys you are invited to.
New surveys are available every day. It will send an email notification to you once a survey is available for you to answer, or you can log back to the website to check.
You can take the surveys anytime and anywhere as long as you’re connected to the internet. It highly recommends you answer surveys using your desktop or laptop. But, it is still possible to answer online surveys using your smartphone (see the best survey apps here).
The surveys are straightforward, and all you have to do is answer each survey truthfully. Easy money, right?
Advantages of Survey Junkie
There are many advantages of Survey Junkie, and I will be listing each advantage below:
- It is a legit online survey site. The potential of how much money you can earn mainly depends on how active you are in taking online surveys.
- It is user-friendly. It is effortless to use. The website’s design is simple and uncomplicated. Using the site doesn’t require a tech-savvy individual.
- Sign up process is fast, simple, and efficient.
- You get to see a preview – how much you can potentially earn and how long you will need to answer the survey – before you answer the survey itself. What you see is what you get.
- You get to earn a few points even if you started answering a survey and get disqualified later on.
- Compared to other survey companies where it only offers you the option to redeem your points for a gift card or check, It provides you to convert your points for cash through PayPal.
- The points system is very simple and pretty much straightforward. Converting your points to $$$ doesn’t require you to have mad math skills. Converting your points is very easy, that is, $1 for every 100 points.
- It has one of the lowest thresholds for converting your points to cash. Earn at least 1,000 points, and you’re all set to redeem your points.
- Survey Junkie’s Help Center is your one-stop place for all possible questions you can think of related to It. Topics and related questions to the topic are all grouped for easier reference. You have to browse through a specific topic on the left tab, and all associated questions will be displayed and answered on the right.
- It remains true to its name. People may find the name awkward, but I think it has lived up to the expectation. Unlike other survey sites that branched out its platform to other point earning options like watching videos, reading emails, browsing the web, for you to make more money, It only lets you make money mainly on answering surveys.
Disadvantages of Survey Junkie
Not all systems are perfect. There will always be a downside to everything. While knowing the right side is still more enticing. You should also know and understand the downside to it so you will have a clear picture of what you can and cannot expect. Be it good or bad.
Here are some drawbacks that I have observed with it:
- You cannot join if you are residing out of Australia, Canada, United States (click here the best survey sites in Australia). This survey site only accepts members living in these countries. Don’t worry; there are still other legit online survey companies that you can choose from.
- Every survey begins with basic questions and based on your answers; it’s possible for you to be disqualified from answering the survey. While you still will earn a few points, the mere fact that you get to be excluded during the survey is a bummer.
- Another biggest complaint that survey sites get is about the payout. Others complain about not receiving the payout they have specifically requested for. You should know that most online survey companies have similar complaints. This is not uncommon, and it is not excluded from this.
- Since it sends you an email notification for every survey available for you to answer, there are also cases wherein it will send you an invitation through email for a survey that you are not qualified for. So, it is always better to take time in answering profile surveys so it will know enough about you and match you to surveys you are qualified to answer.
- The surveys being offered sometimes fill out fast. So, if you’re unable to respond and answer the survey invitation quickly, you’ll lose the opportunity of potentially earning points from it.
How can I delete a Survey Junkie account?
Survey Junkie may not be for everybody, and some people will like to delete their accounts.
If you want to learn how to Survey Junkie account, the answer that it is possible to delete it, and it's easy to do it.
You just follow these steps:
- Click on your profile pic
- Click on edit
- Click “Remove my account.”
Just provide your password and your account will then be deleted. That's it.
The process is really easy.
Survey Junkie review: Conclusion
By now, you're probably asking if it is for you, worth your time, and if you can use this as a side hustle. The answer is it depends.
Every person's experience and the money he/she makes are different from other people. While some may make hundreds of extra money, some may make a few dollars here and there.
It won't make you rich. That said, it could help you make hundreds of dollars every month. The only way to know how much you could make is by trying it.
If you are looking for an easy way to make money online and extra money, it is one of those ways.
One thing I know is for you; Survey Junkie is worth a look as you can quickly sign up for one in under 5 seconds.
Survey Junkie Review | Is Survey Junkie Legit?
Ever wonder if Survey Junkie is legit or just another scam survey site? You're not the only one who asked this question. Learn the truths about this paid s