Welcome to The Practical Saver! I, along with my family, am honored to have you as part of our personal finance community.
I believe every penny counts and that sharing knowledge and experience on personal finance (be it small or big) is 1000% better than not sharing anything at all.
My mission is to share the ideas, which may seem way far out there but does the trick of helping people and some others. I always like to use the phrase “Pay-It-Forward”.
My wife and I have come along way. We used to in the hole for $40K, but paid it off in 2.5 years on a single family income of $31,000/year. While paying this debt off, we also saved over $70K. Yes, that's all within a single income of $31,000/year.
The Practical Saver has been on the web a little over two years, so you can imagine I've built up hundreds of articles from saving money to managing debt – and a lot of things in between.
If it's your first time here, we know all of the information can be overwhelming, so we've created this page, with some of our very best resources, to get you started.
STEP ONE: GET TO KNOW ME
If you're wondering about the person behind The Practical Saver (that's me!!!) and my inspiration, be sure to check out my About Me page to read my story, my family's story, and, the philosophy of The Practical Saver. drop me a note. Then, and introduce yourself. I love hearing from my readers.
STEP TWO: BE PART OF THE COMMUNITY
The Practical Saver updated frequently. So, I've adopted several ways to keep you up-to-date with what's happening.
First, subscribe to my newsletter (located below) packed with information on current posts and previous posts related to topics to include money management, money saving tips, and money-making strategies.
I post events, current posts, and links to things we love on my Facebook page. I have a community of over 1,200 amazing people there and I'd love you to be part of it.
I also love great visuals. That's why you can also find me on my Pinterest page. My Pinterest following is over 18,000 with over 3 million monthly viewers. I have created boards for making money from blogging, saving money, working from home, side hustling, among others.
I try to answer every email I receive. So, if there's something you want to tell me, good, bad, ugly, or indifferent – please let me know! I will answer your questions to the best of my ability – just please be patient since I'm the only one running this blog.
STEP THREE: IMMERSE YOURSELF IN MY BLOG
I post new articles twice or once a week.
I take time writing my blog posts. I internalize, do research, and verify my sources to make sure everything aligns and that my readers get the best of the best posts they could possibly find over the internet.
There are over 200 articles on The Practical Saver – You have a lot of reading to catch up on! Good luck…
Ok ok – If you want a shortcut, here are some of my most popular posts:
The Practical Saver's Best of The Best:
- The Best Paid Online Surveys: 25 Websites To Add $600/Month (Updated)
- 19 Tips On How To Live Cheap and Still Have The Best Life Ever
- Cut Grocery Bill: Feed A Family For $150/Mo
- Best Personal Financial Planning Tips I've Ever Received
- Save More Money and Be Richer By $14,000 A Year
- How We Live Off Well On Under $31,000/Year
- 8+ Best Survey Apps That Pay You (Updated)
- What To Do When You Are Behind On Bills?
- How to Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck
- 6 Clever Saving Techniques To Trick Yourself Into Saving
I also have extensively written articles related to money-saving strategies and money-making opportunities. You can find these articles on my Money page.
Because the focus of my blog is geared towards money, I made sure I wrote posts related to debt, debt strategies, loan payments, to name a few. To learn more about debt-related posts on my blog, please head to the Debt page.
I have always believed in the power of investing. This is why I dedicated quite a few of posts just for investing. Whether you haven't started, are still a beginner, or more of advanced, my articles on investing will give you a new perspective on investing. You can find these articles on my Investment page.
One of the major reasons that I paid off my debt so fast is passive income also known as side hustles. The blog you are at right now is my blog and it makes me over $20,000/mo working on it for only 5 hrs/mo. If you are looking for a profitable side hustle, blogging is a way to do that. Click here to find out how you can create a blog in 15 minutes or less.
If you are looking for more specific categories, here are some shortcuts to some of my most popular posts:
How To Save Money
- Do This and You'll Likely Be Richer By At Least $14,000/Year
- How We Live Off Well On Under $31,000/Year
- 6 Tips For Living On One Income
- Money Saving Strategies: How I Earned An Additional $3,241.15 In 4 Months
- 13 Simple Money Rules
How To Become Debt Free
- How I Paid $40K Of Debt And Saved $70K In 2.5 Years <—– this is my story of success
- The Secret Keys To Becoming Debt Free
- You're Debt Free, What's Next?
- I Got My Graduate Degree Fast and Free From Debt
How To Make Money Through Blogging
- How To Create A Blog In 15 Minutes or Less
- Is Blogging For You? The Truths About Blogging
- How I Made $23,520.50 In 9 Months As A New Blogger
How To Make Extra Money Fast
- 25+ Survey Sites That Will Add $600/Month Or More
- 11+ Extra Income Ideas For Introverts
- Get Free Cash: Make $30 Or More In 30 Minutes
- 5 Sites To Make Money Through Shopping
- 10 Cash Back Sites To Earn You Thousands A Year
- Best International Survey Sites To Make Money
How To Budget Effectively
- Personal Budget Categories To Start Your Budget
- Budgeting For Students: A Step-By-Step Guideline
- Creating Successful Budget – 8 Steps You Need To Know
How To Save On Groceries
- Reduce The Food Budget: Feed A Family For $150 A Month
- Money Saving Tip: One Trick That Saves Us $250/Month On Groceries
- 12 Best Ways To Save On Groceries
- Couponing For Newbies: Challenges In Couponing
- 10 Easy Ways To Become An Extreme Couponer
STEP FOUR: VISIT MY RESOURCES
The Resource page is where I compile all the products and services I have used and/or promote. They are the ones that helped my family's finances. Without them, I am not sure how we would come out from our big debt dilemma.
Please feel free to browse through them, bookmark the page for later use, find the products you need, among others. This page gets updated all the time to ensure I provide the best resources to my readers. You can find the Resource page here.