Want to earn money online but don't have much to invest? Nowadays, it is doable to make money online without investment.
Many of us want to make more money so we could save for essential things like paying off debt, going on vacation, saving for college, etc. Then, reality hits us. It's close to impossible to make money on the web. That was before. Now, you can make money online without putting an investment.
But here's the brutal truth:
I'm not going to sugarcoat these ideas because the hard truth is that some of them are just plain brutal (i.e., they're not easy to accomplish), but they're the ones to give you money day in and day out.
In this post, you'll find:
- The typical ways to earn money like taking paid surveys, using cashback apps, etc. I still put those here because some people don't know that these exist. Feel free to skip those if you see them.
- The ideas that can pave the way for you to make a long-term, passive way to earn income.
So, what do you exactly need to make these ideas to work for you? Overall, all you need are time and effort. The best part though is that you can start earning from these ideas right now (at least for some).
If you're ready to learn what these tips and tricks are to make money online, read on!
17 Ways to Make Money Online From Home Without Investment
Let's get one thing straight:
You don't need to spend money online on the ideas that I'm about to show you to make money. I'm serious. You only need time, effort, and, almost always, your smartphone.
Some people have turned their side hustles into businesses. These kinds of ideas are found in this post.
Here are several ways to earn money now and month after month. This post is categorized into two buckets:
- Quick wins
- More effort, more gains
Fast fact: About 51% of full-time workers said that they also work on the side to earn extra income.
Let's face the fact: With so many bills to pay and the never-ending rise of the cost of living, it's crucial now to have a side hustle or two to earn extra on the side.
These are ideas that won't make you reach but will help you make money fast and some free PayPal money. I always recommend to start with the easy ones for two reasons:
- You're building up cash reserves if you want to create a more passive side hustle that requires capital.
- You're getting paid to do exactly what you do every day. That in itself should entice you to take on easy ideas first.
- You're getting more comfortable with the easy ones before moving on to the more challenging ones. The easy ones are your way to train and discipline yourself for better, long-term opportunities.
1. Earn for the things you do (but don't get paid at all)
Do you clip coupons, watch videos online, search on the web, listen to music, etc.? If you do, you best take advantage of a site that pays you to do what you do.
It's called Swagbucks. It's a free site and mobile app that gives you points – redeemable for cash – for things you do. Plus, you could get up to a $15 bonus just for signing up.
That's a lot of money and a lot of gift cards, to say the least. Best of all, this site is free. You can open an account now, start earning and pay zero dollars.
Quick fact: This mother made $2,200 using Swagbucks and took her family to Disney World.
It's the type of fun site that doesn't promise but provides access to making extra and delivers more to its customers. Want proof?
As of this writing, it has paid over $400M and gives out over 7,000 gift cards per day.
Click the link, sign, and check out here to get started with Swagbucks for free with your email, receive $15 cash bonus, and earn funds now. Get started now.
2. Scan your receipts
No kidding. It doesn't get any easier than this.
Just scan your receipts using some cashback apps, and you'll be on your way to making extra money without putting any investment.
Here's how these apps generally work:
- Buy products that are featured in those apps.
- Scan the barcode and receipts of those products via the apps.
- And that's it.
You'd receive cash and gift cards for doing this. It's that simple.
Here are some of those apps that pay you:
- Ibotta – get money back on groceries (plus $10 sign up bonus)
- Checkout 51 – use in conjunction with to earn more cashback
3. Sign up for bonuses
A lot of popular companies now offer free registration and sign-up bonuses just for signing up (not to mention that they will pay you money for using apps for doing things you usually do like shopping and reading).
I mean who doesn't want to get paid money for signing up, which only takes 30 seconds or even less.
Let me ask you these questions:
Do you use Google? Do you shop online? Do you eat? Do you have a smartphone? If you answer yes to any of those questions, it's best to use the following apps to help you make money online without paying anything.
- Vindale Research: $2 signup bonus + hidden bonus for signing up or offers or survey bonus
- Ibotta: $10 signup bonus. Get started with Ibotta and get paid via PayPal money or Venmo
- InboxDollars: $5 signup bonus. Start earning rewards now
- Rakuten – $10 sign-up bonus
4. Take paid surveys
Taking paid surveys online is a great way to make money online without paying anything. Why?
You literally voice your opinions from anywhere you are, and still, get paid in dollars and/or gift cards for your efforts. That's the best way of putting it.
It's convenient and not time-consuming. You can do while you're waiting, and most surveys last only for a few minutes. Granted, you're not going to making a living out of it, but a few bucks and even hundreds of dollars can make a difference.
Surveys like Survey Junkie are great at giving the best possible rewards. You see the rewards before you even start the surveys. If you don't like a particular survey, skip it and move to another one.
It short, you have total freedom on your time, on what you want to do, etc.
Click here to create a free account on Survey Junkie. Get started now.
FYI: Want to get paid to watch videos? Click the link to the left.
5. Earn free cash (valued at $25) for completing two tasks
If you are in dire need of money, there's a solution: You can complete a few tasks. You can do that with sites like MyPoints.
It is an all-around, simple site offering you free money in your spare time. It's a free money back site, coupon site, video site, a site to make purchases from, among others packed into a single site. Fortunately, it works like magic.
Since 1996, MyPoints has handed out at least $250 MILLION in free PayPal money (then, transfer to your bank). and free Amazon gift cards to their members!
You'll get an extra money $5 bonus for the first five actions from survey sites. On top of that, make a purchase or more totaling to $20 or more and receive a $10 bonus balance in your account.
Check out MyPoints on this link to create your account, and get a chance to win on everything you do. Use this good, new site now.
6. Let these apps run in the background
If you like to go online almost all the time and do something (whatever it may be), there is a way for you to make extra money.
To date, there are four rewards apps to help you make that extra cash you need, even without doing anything other than downloading them.
Granted you are not going to be rich, but you'll know you'd earn enough to pay your bills and more. Who doesn't like that, right?
Treat these apps as your side hustles without your side hustling.
Here are the three money-making and rewards apps you can use now:
- Neilsen Computer and Mobile Panel <— Gives $10,000 monthly
- MobileExpression <– Get a gift card after a week of being a member
- Opinion Square <–One $100,000 from this
- Survey Savvy <– get $5/mo
More effort, more gains
Here's where the fun stuff begins. You'll find the most brutal facts on how to make money online for free, what these ideas are, how to start with these side hustles, etc. Find more here on the steps to follow to make passive income.
7. Share your knowledge
This isn't something new, but it's a good one. If you want to find some legit ways to make money online without investment, the best place to start is with you.
There are about 7 billion people around the world, and many people don't have the knowledge and/or experiences you may have that they need.
Capitalize on these and make a lot of money from them. You could easily make $50 a day online when you go this route.
If you are single or stay home mom and have spare time on your hands and is finding ways to make money:
- Create a paid course on “how to survive as a single or stay home mom.” You'll find that more people are in the same boat as you and will find value in what you offer.
- Teach people how to work on their time management, cook food, study while balancing your duties at home, etc. People will pay you money to teach them.
If you have a marketable skill:
- Whether it's a skill in communication, leadership, or something else, teach people. You'll find that there are folks out there who are willing to learn your skills and be prepared to pay for you to teach them.
If you've thought hard and felt like you don't have anything special:
- Make a course on what you've learned from your mistakes. Everyone has his own flaws. Show people what mistakes you've made and how you turned things around. Believe it or not, inspiration is a powerful thing that can move people and can help you learn how to earn money online without paying anything.
Start making money now with these ideas.
8. Create your own blog
Blogging turned out to be a money-making hustle for me. It could be a money-making machine for you, too.
It is one way to make money now and in the future. Now, I'm making over $20,000/mo while investing 5 hours of my time on it monthly. It does provide me more good things that I could have ever imagined.
Believe it or not:You don’t have to have experience in blogging or rich to run a profitable blog.
While making money from a blog takes time, but once your blog is established, have a social media presence like a YouTube channel, a good affiliate marketing strategy at work, etc., you'll see money flowing in.
For just $2.95/mo, you can now start your blogging journey – that’s the special discounted price for you, my readers. Imagine, that’s just a cup of coffee! Plus, you get a free domain also, which Bluehost charges $13/year. But it's free when you sign up with my exclusive like. There are zero risks and very good, high rewards with blogging.
Check out Bluehost here. Creating and running a blog is truly a great way to earn money online and a great way to make money again and again.
9. Teach English
Teaching English as a Secondary Language has been a buzz in the online job world.
There have been a lot of online English teaching companies that have been established. One of them is VIPKid.
VIPKid is an online English teaching site that lets its teachers teach Chinese children in the comfort of their homes.It’s a one-on-one class and based on US Common Core State Standards.
- VIPKid has a stringent policy on the applicant’s education level. You are required to have at least a Bachelor’s degree to apply.
- VIPKid accepts applicants from anywhere around the world provided you have a stable internet connection.
- You also need to pass the interview and demo lesson before you get hired.
- Once hired, VIPKids requires six months of minimum commitment.
You can earn between $14 and $22 per hour and receive your money through direct bank deposits monthly.
Check out VIPKid here – one of the best hustle ideas out there now to use and to work for.
10. Try online transcription
Nowadays, transcription jobs aren't only found in the courtroom. Today, so many companies need transcriptionists, and they'll pay you money.
A transcription service is a service that converts speech into a written or electronic text document.
The great thing about transcription is the certainty and the super clear-cut processes and steps involved in getting in. There are no ifs, buts, and secrets to get a job like this:
- Unlike many other jobs like web designing or other forms of freelancing, getting a transcription job is relatively straightforward. You just need to pass the test, and that's it.
- There are no specific skills or experiences required for this type of job.
Some of the most well-known sites that are looking for prospective transcriptionist include:
11. Create something you can sell
You no longer have to create a product or a service and get a physical space, do heavy marketing, etc., to get business. Everything can be done online now and use that to your advantage.
Here are some ideas to help you make money online without paying anything:
If you are a writer:
- Write a book, sell it on Amazon, promote it on social media platforms, etc. You don't need a publishing company to sell your product(s).
- Write for other people. Writing content can be rewarding as many people especially in the blogging world who hire people who write for a living. You can get paid per hour or per project doing it this way.
If you are a handyman or a DIYer:
- You can create videos, upload those on your YouTube channel, and other platforms. Once you've gained a lot of views and followers, you'd, then, be able to monetize your videos.
- You also create tutorials on how to do things the easy way.
These are just examples of how to create something you can sell. There are other ways you can use so you can start making money without putting any investment.
12. Work as a virtual assistant
One of the best ways to make money online without paying anything is to become a virtual assistant.
As a virtual assistant, you can do things to include:
- Collecting email address
- Posting new articles on Facebook and other social media
- Helping your boss when in need
- Trying to sell products to other people
- Searching for another investment your boss can put his/her money into
Believe it or not:
Some VAs charge more than $100 per hour. That's a lot. And it doesn't end there.
Many of them work from home, which makes it more conducive for them to work and makes it easy for you to lower your overhead expenses.
Here are some of the sites that pay per hour and you could even start just by using your email address:
13. Work as a remote employee
There are a lot of companies now that are hiring remote employees. The idea of working remotely is not new. You'll find that more and more people are working away from their offices.
With fast internet and a more reliable form of communication, working with your peers is now possible with the use of advanced technology. Not to mention, you can still make and even save money doing this because you're not traveling to go to your office and putting a lot of investment into it.
Here are some new sites or job boards that are looking for prospective employees:
14. Start your own online business
If you’re a business-minded person, is good at selling products/services, and wants to learn how to make online money, you can try to start an online store.Online shopping is fast, convenient, and hassle-free.
People don’t like waiting too long at check out counters. That’s why it has become a trend to buy stuff they need and want online. That's where you come in and make money fast.
If you have recently decluttered or had something brand new to sell and want to make money out of it, then this is probably one of the best passive side hustles you can do.
- Facebook: You can join buy and sell groups within your location. You can also sell your goods at Facebook Marketplace.
- Instagram: Upload several photos of items you wish to sell and add a short description with the price so your prospective buyers will know what to expect.
15. Deliver for Amazon
Not a lot of people know this fact, that is, you can deliver products on behalf of Amazon and get also get paid good. Similar to DoorDash, Amazon Flex is Amazon’s delivery arm. You will be delivering products or packages for Amazon.
These are the facts you need to know now:
- No fixed schedule. Work on your own time.
- Earn between $18 and 25 per hour.
- You must own a car and smartphone to join.
- Must pass Amazon Flex’s background check.
- Amazon Flex is already available in more than 50 cities.
Amazon Flex can be a good hustle for men or for anyone who loves to drive around.
Earn money online now with Flex. Check out Amazon Flex here.
16. Rent out your car
If you have a car but don’t want to drive around and earn money from it, then the next best thing to do is to rent out your car.
Think about it. When you're not doing anything special, your car is just parked outside or in the garage.
You can rent out your car and get paid good money online via Getaround (probably one of the best side hustles when you're not using your car).
- You decide where and when you want to share your car.
- Your car is protected up to $1 million, primary insurance included.
- Drivers get assessed and have a safe driving record.
- Getaround can unlock and rent out your car when you’re not using it.
- Getaround offers a free 30-day trial.
Here's the kicker:
If you decide to rent out your car continuously, there will be a one-time charge of $99 Connect installation. This allows renters to locate and unlock your car within the mobile app.
You will also be charged with a flat rate of $20/mo.
Do you think that these are just charges after charges? You may think that there are a lot of charges, but these also give you some perks and features that would make Getaround all worth it.
- Security features include GPS tracking, engine lock, and tamper detection.
- You will be provided with your digital key so you can get into your car at any time. You can even access your car using your mobile phone.
- Get 24/7 roadside assistance and customer support.
- Get a monthly rental credit of $50 and access to premium parking.
Check out Getaround and earn passive income from one of those passive side hustles that you don't even need to lift your finger.
How can I actually make money online?
We all have 24/7 each day. Every one of us does. We can be busy one day and not so busy some other days. But when it comes to finding good hustles to make money online without investment and making it work, you need to dedicate time and effort.
Before choosing one, you should think about how much time you can commit to your side hustle.If you can commit 20 hours a week, then, maybe you can do a more challenging side hustle that can earn you more vice one that takes only a couple of minutes but will make you less.
For example, I started by taking the good, reasonably easy survey sites before moving on to blogging. I dedicated a few hours a week. Then, when I earned enough, I went over to blogging and devoted more time.
At a certain point in time, I was putting in 25 extra hours each to my hustle (i.e., blogging). Once my blog was stable, then I cut down my hours to 20, then, 10, and, now, 5 hours a week.
Remember that when it comes to learning how to make money online for free, there would always be a temporary trade-off between time and money. You will lose time on somethings, but you could be making more money.
What are the best paying online jobs?
The best paying online jobs are those that give are of interest to you and that pay you money consistently. Know this fact, that is, when thinking about the best ways to earn extra income, ask yourself if that side hustle is scalable or if you can make it into a business, which could help you earn more down the road.
Keep in mind that some money-making ideas like taking paid surveys are easy to do, and some aren't, and some have great potential for growth, and some are just a quick fix to making money.
What I do recommend is for you to start with the one that you can easily do in your spare time without putting too much effort into it.
For example, you can start freelancing. Once you make money from it, you can move to creating a business on the side.
Here are some ways to earn money from home without any investment:
- Using sites like Amazon (by selling products)
- Affiliate marketing
Conclusion: How to make money online for free
When it's all said and done, these ideas can help you earn extra money without paying anything. Some will provide you quick wins while some require you to put more effort, time, patience, and a whole lot of luck.
That said, some of these have allowed people to earn more than they could have ever imagined. I know I have.
So, what are you waiting for? Try some of these money-making ideas and make big money online. You might find the one that could help you become a millionaire, a well-established entrepreneur, or something that you've always wanted to be.