hen it comes to finding ways on how to make money online fast, I think you'll agree with me when I say:
It's really HARD to find them especially when there are scams after scams all over the internet.
Or is it?
It turns out, there are those actionable, proven ways to make money online fast. Some of these include:
- Market research that collectively paid over $6,000 in a month (proof is in the details – see post below)
- Side hustle that pays over $4,000 a month (proof below again)
- Part-time jobs that pay like full-time jobs
In this post, the ideas are bucketed into three categories based on difficulty level:
- Easy ideas: Easy wins, easy money
- Medium ideas: Relatively easy, more money <– one idea makes me over $10,000/mo
- Challenging ideas: Long term targets, more passive money
Don't fall on the “Make Money (Easy)” trap
I'm all about transparency here.
While there are super easy ways to make money fast, none of these are going to make you rich.
The easiest ways mean that you can make money right away but they're not going to bring a lot of money month after month.
They're the ones that can supplement your passive income or known as long-term source of income. They're not the main source.
That said, it's free money so it's something you'll want to consider. They could help you pay off some bills and some more. That's a win-win situation if you ask me.
That's why I categorized these money-making ideas into three. This way, you exactly know which means will make you money in the short-term and which ones would for the long haul.
Easy Ideas On How To Make Money Online
Easy wins are money making ideas from home that can help you generate good amount of money quickly, but it's not going to make you rich. Don't skip them though.
The quick money you make here can help you put more towards the medium and challenging ideas. After all, almost everything in this section is FREE to use.
Remember, these are ideas to help you make money fast today:
Share your opinions and get paid
If you have gotten paid for sharing your opinion, you exactly know how great it feels to be paid especially when you didn't expect it.
That said, if you haven't, you're missing out on hundreds of free money.
Companies will pay you $35/survey or more just to answer a few questions. That's where taking paid online surveys makes sense.
If you are a first-time survey taker, I recommend you start with Survey Junkie.
It pays you up to $45 per survey (sometimes for a quick 5-minute survey) even while you're sitting at home doing nothing.
Just sign up using your Facebook account, and that's it. In 30 seconds you are on your way to earning money online.
Some people have made hundreds or thousands. While paid surveys aren't your ticket to becoming rich, you're getting free money for doing one thing: sharing opinion. Who doesn't like that, right?
You take surveys on your own schedule. Got spare time? Share your thoughts. If you don't, then, that's ok. It's all up to you.
Other survey sites to try include:
Pro tip: To maximize your survey earnings, use both Survey Junkie, Survey Club, and Swagbucks and you could make boatloads.
To make sure you're looking for those survey sites that will help you learn how to make quick money, you'll want to take note of the following:
- Legitimacy. Not all survey sites are legit. You'll find a lot of them that just want to work and work and not pay a single dime. Be aware of that. That said, the ones I listed above are absolutely legit.
- Payout. Who doesn't want to get paid for sharing your thoughts, right? You don't want to take surveys for cents when there are a lot of other sites that can offer better payouts.
- Convenience. These best survey apps are easy and convenient to use. You'll find that the more you sign up for these sites, the greater the chance you'll make money.
Do what you do online (I made over $1,500 doing that)
When was the last time you got paid for surfing the internet, watching ads, playing games, and everything you do online?
There's a site that pays you cash and gift cards to do almost everything you do online. It's called Swagbucks.
Swagbucks has given out over $350 MILLION since it started – a proof of the massive money-making opportunities it offers.
So, how exactly do you get paid?
Every time you do something online, use Swagbucks as a starting point (i.e., search engine) just like you would use Google when you try to search for something.
So, why would you exactly sign up for Swagbucks?
That's a really good question, and the answer is simple. You want to earn for almost anything that you do.
Here are some of the ways to make money from Swagbucks, which are things you normally do:
- Take surveys (include $5 sign in bonus) + earn up to $35/survey
- Browse the web (include $5 sign in bonus)
- Watch videos (include $5 sign in bonus)
- Read emails (include $5 sign in bonus)
Click here to start with Swagbucks for FREE.
So why should you trust Swagbucks? That's an important question, and here are the answers:
- Reputation. Swagbucks has been in business for over 5 years. In those years, it has partnered with big companies like Hulu, JCPenney, and so many more. Its reputation is unparallel, and that's why more and more companies work with it.
- Payout. Yes, Swagbucks has paid out over $350 million. If that's a sketchy, scammy site, you wouldn't see millions of dollars in payout. If you're looking for a company that helps people find ways to make money fast, this is it. Period.
- Requirement. You don't need to follow specific requirements to earn money. All you need to do is download, use Swagbucks for just about anything you do online, and that's it. If you don't want to use, then, don't. If you do, then, you'd be likely to earn quick money.
Make money from apps
You'll thank me later when you find that there are apps out there that can help you make money online.
No kidding on that! There are money apps designed for that.
Believe it or not:
Whether you're watching TV, ordering food, cleaning the yard, or doing something else, there are apps that can help you make extra money. Using these apps to make more money doesn't get any easier than that.
For example, you can use Lyft – a ride-sharing app – to drive someone from point A to point B and get paid to do that.
If you're looking for something that along with what you're doing, there are apps that are designed for you. For example, if you're already doing your grocery shopping or buying your meal from a restaurant, you can also include others as well.
You can do that using meal delivery services like Instacart, and DoorDash. With Instacart alone, you can make as much as $18/hr. That's a lot considering you're just including other people in what you're already doing.
Here are some other money-making apps to help you make money online:
- Shopkick – Just step into the store and make points redeemable for money.
- MyPoints – Get paid for doing things you already do like shopping, surfing the internet, playing some games, etc.
- eBates: A cash back app for shopping online. eBates gives you 2-10% cash back. Sometimes, it will double the cash back. For example, if you're looking to buy a laptop for $400 and Walmart offers a site-wide Black Friday sale of 30% off, and eBates offers 20%, and you have $50 off coupon, you'd get that laptop for $150. That's a savings of $150.
So, do you just download these apps to earn money online? The answer is no. There are guidelines you need to follow, ensuring that you only use the apps that benefit you the most.
- Privacy. Some apps are legit, but some will require you to give them permission to use your photos, data, etc. When signing up for these apps, understand what you're sharing or giving up in exchange for making money from these apps.
- Convenience. Is it easy to make money from these apps or not? Are there other alternatives? Do you have to do a lot to make extra cash? These are questions you need to find answers to. Believe it or not, there are easier apps to use that can make you cash.
- Reputation. You can never go wrong with apps that have a great reputation. Great reputation comes with legitimacy (when it comes to the apps world). While there are gems out there that aren't as popular as the known ones, chances are they are rare to find.
Get bonuses from sites you will use
Here's the reality:
Don't just sign up for sites just because they offer bonuses. Chances are there are a catch or two before you can cash out that money.
Here's a better way to make money online with these bonuses:
Get bonuses from sites that you not only will use but also will make you cash when you need money now.
Want $30 or more in just a few minutes? There are apps that can help you with that. Not only that, these sites can help you make money month after month.
That said, these aren't apps that can make you rich. But hey, they are free apps that can pay the bills or some more. So, it's a win-win situation, right?
Here are the ones I like based on how it can help you earn money online:
- Ibotta : A grocery app that gives you cash back for …. groceries. It's that app that earned me over $300 in 5 months (Earn an extra $10 sign up bonus)
- Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel: If you're online and want a shot at $10,000, then, just install Neilsen, let it run in the background, and you are good to go. Plus, Neilsen pays $50 per year to keep its app installed on a device.
Is there a catch with using these apps? Unlike the ones I mentioned above (i.e., they don't require any special requirements or doesn't have any requirements at all), other apps will require to do more to get a few dollars.
That's why I recommend that when you're looking for other apps other the ones I stated above, these are the things you need to look out for:
- Requirements. Do the apps require you to exert more effort, time, and other things to earn a few bucks? If yes, then, that app isn't the right fit for you.
- Payout. How much does the app pay? Does it pay in hundreds or just a few cents? You don't want to use apps that can only generate you a couple of cents. Your time is worth more than that.
Cut services you don't need and save a lot of money
Spending money online is way easier than making money online without investment.
You just sign up for service, put it on auto-debit, and let it charge you month after month. Well, that's spending money online.
So, what's the solution? It's called Trim.
Here's how it works:
Trim will analyze your spending, find subscriptions to cancel, search for cash back offers, negotiate your bills, among others.
To date, Trim cut our Verizon phone bill by $16.75/mo. That's $201/year. Now, it's finding me a better rate for my car insurance.
Trim is a must for those who want to learn how to make money online fast (while saving money) and still get the same level of benefit from their service providers.
Trim is just one of the many choices for negotiating bills without you lifting a single finger. Here are other apps that can help you save money by cutting down on your bills:
- Charlie: Helps you find extra free money, avoid those extra changes, and help you spend your money smarter.
- Cushion: Helps you look for bank fees you have been charged and, then, request your permission to negotiate those fees for you.
To find out more information, click on these on bill negotiation apps.
Medium Ideas To Make Money From Home
Remember I told you that you could use your small wins towards these. There's a reason that I said that.
Most of the ideas in the medium wins require you to shell out money.
Believe it or not, that's exactly what I did. Now, one of these side hustles makes me over $10,000/mo (that's how to make money online for free or less than nothing).
I used up all my earnings from the easy ones to start and generate flowing cash from the below money making ideas. These ideas have never stopped generating money for me.
Start a blog (I make over $20K/mo on a 5-hr/mo work)
Interested in generating massive passive income? You just need a website. It's one of the best ways to make money while you sleep.
I earn at least $20,000/mo working 5 hrs/mo on this blog – the one you are in right now.
There’s no special skills and talents to start a blog. Take it from me who was clueless when I started blogging two and some years ago.
For only $2.95/mo – less than a cup of your fancy coffee, you can start a blog and eventually, make money out of it.
Blogging is probably one of the easy ways to make money month after month. As you start building an audience, and doing affiliate marketing, money will start flowing in.
There is virtually zero risk, but high reward with blogging. Do you think you can make $20K/mo or even $10K/mo with a day job in two years timeframe? Probably not but it's possible with blogging.
So, how do you exactly make money from your blog?
That's a good question. Here are some ways to help you earn money from blogging:
- Sign up for great affiliate networks. There are a lot of networks you can join. Other than Amazon, there are reputable networks such as FlexOffers, Share-A-Sale, and Clickbank that can help you find the right affiliates for your blog.
- Be an Amazon Associate affiliate. A lot of people buy from Amazon. So, why not use it to make you money from affiliate sales, right? With gazillions of products sold on Amazon, you're likely to see products you can easily sell and make affiliate sales from.
- Get sponsorships. When your blog grows, you'll find that there are companies who want to pay for sponsored posts, put ads on your blog, among others. The payout from these sponsorships could be in thousands and could last for months or even years.
Switch banks (Get away from earning 0.06% and earn 1.55% for good)
Online banking is the future of banking, and it is here now. It cuts out the bank middle bank, passing on higher interest rates to customers.
And you can manage everything and make money online from the comfort of your sofa.
If you've got money in your account just sitting and collecting a few dollars or cents, find a bank that pays better on interest. That's one legit way to earn money online and from home.
I personally prefer CIT Bank's savings account – one of the few banks that offer at least 2.45% APY on your savings.
Basically, it offers over 25x the current national average of .06% APY. Some banks even pay 0.01%.
I ditched my bank accounts and transferred my money to CIT. Now, I earn interest enough to pay our monthly groceries and, then, some more.
You may now be tempted to jump in and transfer all your money to CIT Bank, but why? Here are reasons that CIT Bank or any online banks are a way to go:
- Fees. Since these are online banks, they don't have the brick and mortar banks many traditional banks offer. That means less overhead on the banks and fewer fees on you. Some online-based banks even offer customers the benefit of taking out money at any ATM without fees incurred.
- Better rates. Since there's little overhead to carry, these banks can offer you better interest rates, which help you grow your money faster. Online-based banks can offer you better rates than traditional banks can.
- Convenience. Online banks find the need to tap into technology more than your local banks. That's why a lot of them put hours and money to build mobile apps that can serve your needs at the best possible way.
Never delete your email receipts (at least for a couple of months)
It turns out deleting email receipts can cost you a lot of money. So, please stop.
There's a new app called Paribus — a tool that gets your money back for your online purchases.
Here’s where it gets interesting:
It's free to sign up. Just connect your email and it will scan your email for receipts.
If it finds you've purchased any products from its monitored retailers, it will automatically track the item and get you a refund when the price drops.
If your shipment is late, you'll get some money back, too. Sweet, right?
Register here for a Paribus account for FREE. Be on your way to find ways to make money from home without a sweat.
Challenging Ideas To Make Money Online From Home
Now, the fun has just started. When you've finally generated some money from your easy and medium ideas, you can now feel more confident to move on to the challenging ideas. That's because you have extra money to spare now.
But, of course, if you have money, to begin with, you can skip those two (though I highly recommend you not), and go here.
Become an online teacher (One made $75K/year)
If you like online tutoring and want to do it from home, you can do that 100% thru VIPKID.
It’s an online teaching opportunity where you get to teach English to students in China.
One teacher made over $75,000 teaching children overseas English via VIPKID. See my VIPKID review here.
Teachers for VIPKID can make as much as $2,000/mo working 4-5 hrs/day. As a VIPKID teacher, you get the training and teaching materials for FREE.
All you need to get started with teaching as a way to make quick money are:
- 4-year Bachelor's degree
- High-speed internet connection
- Some experience with teaching kids (formal or informal way of teaching)
The application process is straightforward. The registration is almost up. So, it's best to apply soon.
Being a teacher is a cool job to have, but if you are looking for other ways to get money fast or more of it, then tutoring or coaching is another great way you can tap into.
If you don't know where to begin, there are a lot of community platforms that make it so easy for you to find clients and teach (really on just any topic you can think of).
Freelance and sell your services
Gone are the days when you needed to work in an office or work for a boss to make money.
Now, you can freelance and sell your services and earn money online right from the comfort of your home.
What's the going on rate per hour? The rate (on average) is $18/hour. That's a lot of money for a side gig.
If you have a marketable skill such as graphic designing, writing, marketing, or something else, you can use that skill to freelance.
To date, some of the most common side gigs are in the industries of customer service, photography, sales, and social media.
There are several platforms like Fiverr and Upwork where you can sell your services without going door to door to get clients. While it may be challenging to earn thousands at the start, you will be able to earn a lot later on when you start getting more and more clients.
Just like in any other profession, you need experience or portfolio of clients before other potential clients come to you. That's just the way online freelance jobs work.
Here's a quick list to get you started:
- Define your goal. What do you want to get in the end? Do you want to make money fast? Do you want to earn passive income? Knowing what your goal is will help you define what you need to do from the start.
- Find your niche. Do you want to design graphics, write, or something else? You don't want to try something that you don't like even when it's going to make you money. Why? Because you're going to get bored or lose interest right away, and you'll have to start from scratch again.
- Set your price. Being successful at what you do not only means that you have a ton of clients you work with, it also depends on how much you make. That's why it's equally important to set your price. You don't want to go high or too low. Of course, as you gain more clients and become known in your niche, you can gradually increase your service fee.
Write and sell an eBook
In case you like to write and want to learn how to make easy money fast online, try writing and selling an eBook.
If you hare a freelance writer and have done some freelance writing for others, it's now time for you to make money if you need money fast.
You can self-publish and sell your books online through Amazon.
You can also create your own site and market your books from there.
In short, there's more than one way to sell your books than just trying to get a publisher to carry your books and sell them to big bookstores or resellers.
Sell your stuff
Gone are the days when you needed to sell your stuff the brick and mortar way. Not anymore.
If you want those easy to make money, now, you can sell anything and everything online.
Best of all:
You can literally establish your retail business through Amazon and eBay and go from there. One even turned $200 into $1M in 92 days.
Of course, there are a lot of responsibilities and requirements to get your online store situated. It's easy if you house your store through Amazon and eBay (as stated above), but there are more involved when you're doing everything (or almost everything) from scratch.
If you want to make money online from selling your stuff, you'll need to learn how to build a site, build a sales funnel, create a lead magnet, and work on some email marketing.
You'll also need to work on refunds, customer service, and other important aspects of running an online shop.
While there are a lot of things that you need to do to earn money online with selling your own stuff, there's an opportunity here to make quite a bit of money.
Here are some routes that can easily help you stand up your online presence::
- Shopify: If you want to build a storefront, Shopify is a good option. Aside from that, WooCommerce is a great alternative if you are familiar with WordPress as WooCommerce is just a plugin. All you need to properly use this is an SSL certificate and a way to process the payments.
- Dropshipping: If you're wanting a minimal investment, dropshipping is a good option. Dropshipping is a method wherein the retailer doesn't keep any good in stock but rather transfer the orders and shipment fulfillment to either another retailer, manufacturer, or even a wholesaler. That third party will be responsible for shipping the product to the end-user.
- Fulfilled-by-Amazon: You can start your online store via Amazon and just pay the commission. The best benefit about going to Amazon is you don't need to invest in infrastructure, technology, and other things needed for establishing an online presence.
If you don’t like blogging but love making videos, then, vlogging is the one for you.
Vlogging offers a way to make money online or make money fast today.
You are free to vlog any topic you wish. It can be how-tos, product reviews, memes, life hacks, and lots more.
You can upload these videos to websites like YouTube, DailyMotion, Vimeo, Viddler, where you take advantage of their monetization scheme.
Many of the most popular vloggers make over $100,000 each month.
Granted they have a lot of viewers and followers, this doesn’t mean that you can't make a couple of dollars here and there.
For me, it’s all about discipline, content, and patience. If you have great video content and patience, your vlog will go a long way.
Sell courses online
Do you know that there are ways on how to make money online by selling courses online?
Compared to selling products and services, you sell educational courses and tutorials to anyone in need of them.
If you are an expert on something that people want to know more about, you can create an online course for that. An example online course where one made earn money online is a cheap online course on how to make money via eBay.
If you create courses that your audience loves, you'll likely make a good stream of online revenue.
Most people set up their online courses through platforms like Teachable.com.
Believe it or not, people talk about how difficult it is to sell courses online. Sure, there may be some validity on that but selling courses online and making money from it don't always have to be difficult.
Here are some myths that tend to scare people away from selling their courses and allowing them to find easy ways to make money online:
- Big audience. Becoming successful in selling your courses doesn't mean you need to have a big audience. Sure, the size of your audience is important but it's not the ultimate factor for your course's success. Put it this way, it's better to have a small audience that knows you and your product and than a large audience that doesn't.
- Steep prices. It's not all the time that you need to sell courses that cost way too high. Put it this way, unless you are already well-known, banking on selling pricey courses won't get you anywhere. You need to build trust, audience, and reputation, and that you can do by selling well-priced courses that people are willing to pay for.
- Perfection. You don't need a perfect course that includes everything and anything that your students want to know. Plus, perfection is subjective. What's perfect for others may not be perfect for you.
Become a Virtual Assistant
Virtual assistant jobs are among the in-demand work from home jobs right now.
Virtual Assistants (VAs) support online business owners. Depending on the work, VAs tend to do social media, administrative, work on affiliate programs, and even technical work.
Some VAs make as much as $15/hr. Some make higher than $100/hr, depending on the level of expertise and experience.
Believe it or not:
Once you are used to providing VA services, you'll find that VA job is one of the easiest jobs or ways to make easy money.
If you start working as a VA, don't expect you're going to make a lot of money right off the bat. Your pay is also based on job requirements, experience, and skill sets.
Final thoughts on how to make money online:
Learning how to make extra money doesn’t always have to be messy and difficult. For the most part, you don’t need skills and experience to even start making money online. Many times, you just need time, patience, and passion.
If you try some of the side hustles mentioned above, I can’t think of any reason why making extra money now or later won’t be possible.
Which of these opportunities are you going to try first? Which of these do you think will make you more money?