This ” How I Made Over $3,430.00 On My 6th Month Of Blogging ” is my 4th income report. I can't believe that another month has past and didn't realize that I would earn a little more than what I earned last month. I am just so happy. By stretch, this past month was my best ever in terms of traffic and income (I apologize if I keep on using this line month after month). While I managed to pull in some impressive earning, I made several blogging mistakes. This post contains affiliate links/ads. See disclosure policy.
Welcome to my July 2016 income report. This is my monthly post where I show you how I made money, how much money I gave, what I did and didn't do, what my triumphs and/or mistakes in blogging, and, of course, my monthly goals.
Before I go to the meat of my income report, I'd like to show you my income progression month after month. I compiled all my income reports for easy access and just to give an idea how I have been doing (money-wise) with my blog.
- June 2016 Income Report (5th month of blogging) – $2,972.33
- May 2016 Income Report (4th month of blogging) – $1,441.87
- April 2016 Income Report (3rd month of blogging) – $657.17
I credited my traffic and income upward trends to just several posts I published these past couple of months. I did not know these posts would be seen by so many people. Here are my most read/visited blog posts for the past month:
- 25+ Survey Sites That Will Add $600/Month or More – 44,734 visits
- What To Do When You Are Behind With Your Bills? – 8,146 visits
- Save More Money and Be Richer By $14,000 A Year – 7,259 visits
- How We Live Off Well On Under $31,000/Year – 3,890 visits
- 6 Tips For Living On One Income – 3,097 visits
Before I show you my blog traffic and earnings for July 2016, let me tell you why I wanted to blog my income.
First, I always like to see my income progression from one month to another. When I say income, I mean to say income from anything related to blogging. I do not count my day job income, side hustles, and everything not related to blogging. This way, readers exactly know that this income report is just about blog income. You'll see survey money in this report. This survey money is affiliate money and not the money I earn from taking surveys.
Second, for many, I'm still pretty much a new blogger by many people’s standards. I’ve only been blogging for 6 months now and have had triumphs and failures (actually a lot) in those 6 months. Everything I did, do, and have done with my blog is all of my doing. If you something off, then, that's my doing. If you see something nice, then, that's my doing. If you consistently visit my blog, you’ll see that it keeps on changing and it has a lot of flaws. I’m still figuring out what works best for me and my site.
Be one of the few who can start a blog for a special price of $2.95/month instead of the regular price of $7.99/month. That's 50% off of regular price. Can't beat that.
This is a special price I negotiated with Bluehost just for my readers. You will get a FREE domain and a great customer service. Really, you are saving money when you use my link even before you publish your first post. That's a best a way to start your blogging journey.
I never thought that it's possible to earn (extra) money this early on in my blogging life but it has happened. I know that it will continue to be better from here (hopefully). I like to be an inspiration to those who just started or are just starting with their blogging life. I want to share to the world earning this early is possible regardless of how long one has been blogging.
I have to say that willingness, commitment, perseverance, and a lot of luck are what helped me and continuously help me with my blogging success. As my mother always say, it’s not what you always do but what’s inside you that help you become better.
Third, I believe in complete transparency. While I blog just about everything under the realm of personal finance and its never ending relationship with family and life, my blog is also monetary vehicle for my family. When you see advertisements on my blog posts, those are income-generating ads.
Are you thinking of starting your own blog but afraid to do it?
I was a new blogger and I felt the same exact feeling that you might be feeling right now. You are not alone in the boat. There are a lot of new bloggers who feel they don't know where to start, how to start, how to build audience, etc.
I recently created an e-book entitled “15+ Strategies I Applied To Skyrocket My Blog’s Page Views from 0 to 170K in 9 Months“. In this e-book, I detailed the exact strategies I adopted to drastically improve my blog's page views from 0 to 170K in just 9 months.
If you ask new bloggers, getting 30K page views is hard while getting 170K in such a short time is close to impossible but doable. I discuss the strategies that you can apply right now. Yes, you can apply these strategies without any blogging experience.
Is it only designed for new bloggers? Absolutely not. If you want to increase your blog page views, this is also for you.
You can avail this product for the price of $24.99. The regular price is $39.99. This e-book is your guide to getting the page view your blog deserves.
Tips for Bloggers
I have dealt and used ad networks to find the best of the best products to offer to my blog readers. I don't just apply and use the offers from these ad networks because I want to make sure I bring forth products that truly help my readers make money, save money, and manage their finances effectively.
It can be exhausting to find networks that will really help you and your blog propel to new heights especially when there are thousands of them over the internet and you can't figure out the right ones for you. If you are a publisher or a blogger and are looking for ad networks that work and pay out really well, I highly recommend the following ad networks.
I'm recommending them because I get positive reviews from my readers and my revenue from these ad networks are great (to say the least).
If you are in the personal finance niche and are looking for survey sites to add in your list of income-generating networks, then, IGain is for you. I have made over $2,000 over a few months with this ad network. The range of survey sites impeccable. The customer service it provides is beyond outstanding. I've worked with a lot of ad networks and IGain's customer service is, by far, the best.
If you are looking for exclusive offers, which can't be found anywhere else, then, IGain is for you.
In addition, one of the most exciting things about this ad network is that it offers games and promotions almost every month. Some of their past promotions included increased payouts, cash incentives, and Amazon gift cards.
Truly, there are so many great things about IGain.
I lumped these two together because they are almost the same in many respects. They have a ton of offers for just about any product out there in the marketplace.
I mainly used it for survey-related offers but it caters a wide range of niches. Some of niches include, but are not limited to, pets, family, books, health, beauty, entertainment, games, employment, education, and home.
I'll tell you that I'm not alone when I say I make a lot of money (i.e. commissions from Panthera). A friend blogger of mine who is in the fashion niche makes at least $600 a month through Panthera. Another friend of mine who is health and fitness makes around $900 a month.
July 2016 Income Report
July 2016 was what I considered the best month for me money and traffic wise. My blog income increased from June 2016 and it’s only my 6th month of blogging.
For those who have not read my first income report, I stated there that technically, I have been blogging since December of 2015 but did not market or tell anybody about my blog until the 28th of January. I kept it to myself (my very first mistake). So, I consider February as my official blogging start date. Again, it’s just FYI to avoid confusion.
I believe the reasons I earned this money are because of my determination and hard work to make blogging work and because of luck. I always put luck in the mix because I am still figuring out which strategy works.
Income by Network
Here are my income and expenses:
Flex Offers: $2,285.11
Google Adsense: $120.11
Smart Asset: $104.00
Sponsored Posts: $325.00
Tailwind: $55.00 ($30.00 for sign-ups and $25.00 for Amazon gift card since I've reached the 5 referrals. Just an FYI, I had $45.00 for Tailwind last month, which is equivalent to 3 sign ups.)
Vindale Research: $185.00 (I earned this in just two weeks)
Income Total: $3,430.89
Expenses: $0.00 (Yes. No expense for this month. Yehey!)
Expense Total: $0.00
Net Income: $3,430.89
Income by Affiliates
A couple of people asked me if I could detail the affiliates that helped me make these fantastic dollars. Of course, I said yes. Here is the breakdown:
American Consumer Opinion: $1,342.00
- My wife and I earn around $175.00 a month just by taking survey. For many, it’s not a lot of money but it does pay a few of our bills.
Vindale Research – $185.00
- My wife I earn roughly $45/month and so, can you. After signing up and answering a short introduction, you'll automatically get $2.00. Sign up for Vindale Research is FREE.
Sage One: $192.00
- I’ve been looking for a very user-friendly, cheap, and effective accounting software especially for my growing blogging business. I signed up for Sage One for a 30-Day FREE TRIAL with NO CREDIT CARD required. I tell that Sage One is easier than using a spreadsheet (and I am an advanced-to-expert MS Excel user).Get started with Sage One. It won't cost you a penny!
Bing Rewards: $91.20
- My wife and I have been using Bing Rewards for almost 2 years now. By using it for just a few minutes every day, we manage to pull in $28ish every month, which is good enough for Hulu, Domino’s pizza, and some more. You can sign up for Bing Rewards FREE and start making money.
- Bluehost is the reason that I have a blog. I didn’t know anything about coding, WordPress, and other things related to blogging. With Bluehost, I was able to create my blog in 10 minutes or less.
- Similar to Ebates, Extrabux helps you earn cash back when you shop online. Best of all is you automatically get $5 just for signing up. Sign-up is FREE. Extrabux.com – Get Cash Back & Coupons from Your Favorite Stores
- Swagbucks is one my new affiliates though I’ve been using it as one of my search engines for some time now. Every month, my wife and I make $70, which is good for gas and some groceries. When you sign up via my link, you will receive $5 bonus right away.
Personal Capital: $100.00
- Looking for financial tools to see all your wealth and investments? Try Personal Capital for FREE. It is a free service that allows you to sync all your financial accounts into one location. Does it get better than that? Absolutely, yes. Personal Capital features budgeting, 401(k) analyzer, display of upcoming bills, asset allocation target, and many more.
- Tailwind is basically the magic behind my budding Pinterest success. Before, I spent hours pinning and scheduling pins with no luck in getting referrers. Now, all I need is less than 30 minutes a day to pin at least 150 pins across boards in my account.
Google Adsense: $120.11
Smart Asset: $104.00
Sponsored Posts: $325.00
All Others: $505.63 (Just little knick knacks that when put together made some big bucks)
What I Did and Didn’t Do
I decided to permanently include this section because I know a lot of my fellow bloggers and those who want to begin blogging would love to see what I did to earn money and increase my traffic as well as the things I didn’t do or failed to succeed on.
- Sign-ups. This past July, I signed-up for another ad network. I didn't really do any research on this affiliate but the representative emailed me last week. Frankly speaking, I like their survey affiliates. For those who want to use these subscribers, please feel free to use my links here:
What I learned in the past months is that no single ad network houses all your affiliate needs.
- Follow-up. The same thing I have done in the past months, that is, I followed up with people who needed help. When people asked me questions, I not only answered their questions but also offered help. I built relationship as a result. Better yet, this assistance converted into sign-ups for products that are promoted throughout my blog.
- Website re-design. If you look at my blog, you’ll see changes on layout, placement of ads, among others from time to time. Since my blog is new and I’m new at blogging, I like to try what works best and doesn’t work for me. I know there are risks associated with this but I’m willing to try.
- Sponsored Posts/Mentions: While I cannot say I pursued sponsored posts, I can definitely say I entertained sponsored posts or mentions for this past month.
- Affiliates. I have knew affiliates, mostly of which are survey-based affiliates. I managed to get approved for at least 3 survey affiliates last month.
- Home Page. Finally, I got the time to re-design my home page. It's now cleaned and I really love it. All you can see there are pictures with texts on the pictures and those are it. This layout is, by far, the type of layout that I really like. It's simple and clean.
Did not do but should have done
- Last month’s casualty, again, was my Twitter account. I've been busy with a lot of things about blogging, Pinterest, new affiliates, and others that I didn't get to pay attention to my Twitter. I know how critical to a blog Twitter is. However, this is where I failed this past month because I didn't pay a single attention to it. It's totally my fault. My twitter activity and followers moved upwards but not in the pace that I hoped they did. As of July 31 2016, I had 2,002 followers.
For the month of June, I had 102,482 views, which is a 68.69% increase from last month’s 60,753 views.
I am so thrilled to see my traffic grow month by month. Much of the increase in traffic is due to my Pinterest traffic. I cannot stress enough how Tailwind has helped me achieve this growth is such as short time.
July 2016 Goals
I always believe in setting goals. Going through life, in general, without a goal is like walking on unending road without a foreseeable end in sight. The blogging goals I set for this July are both easy and challenging to achieve. So many reds here but overall, I like what I am seeing.
- Page views. I want to see 5,000 views a day, at least. Maybe it’s impossible to achieve it but I will try my best to make it possible. (July Goal: 3,000/day ; Result: 3,305/day) – Succeed.
- Alexa rank. I like to be ranked under 140,000 (World) and 30,000 (US) by the end of August. This maybe a stretch but hey I like a challenge. (July Goal: 140,000 (World) and 30,000 (US) ; Result: under 150,000 (World) and under 40,000 (US)) – Close enough though, I think.
- Social Media. I aspire to increase my social media connection across all my social media platforms by end of July. If you like to follow me, the links are located below:
- I want to double my income for August. Yes, double the amount it is. (July Goal: Double my May’s income of over $2,972.33 ; Result: $3,430.89) Didn't reach it. But, of course, I am more than happy to earn additional money.
- Email subscribers. I like to have 500 subscribers by the end of July. (July Goal: 500 ; Result: 344) – Failed but close to the target.