Every frugal living person (even the most extreme one) understands the struggles and triumphs of thrifty living. For starter, my wife and I live frugally. I'll tell you that we have ups and downs being in such lifestyle.
But for the most part, we live a better and comfortable life, one that we've always wanted to have.
Sometimes, some people will easily judge us for our choices. They think that we are just cheap, don't want to spend money, and just want to save money down to the penny. Yeah, there are people like that.
Don't be surprised, when I say there are extremely wealthy people who choose to live frugally. Familiar with the names of Mark Zuckerberg and Warren Buffett? Yes, they are wealthy but frugal people.
If you are trying to cut down your expenses and want to live a frugal life, rest assured that there will be times that you'd think that what you are doing are worthless.
There will be times you'd want to quit even before you start doing those things to better your situation. There are a lot of moments that will put you in an uncomfortable position.
Rest assured that these are parts of transitioning into a frugal lifestyle or being in one. As with a lot of things, things get worse before they get better.
- How I Made Over $30,000 In A Year From Blogging
- 8 Things You Need To Stop Wasting Money On
- Reduce The Grocery Budget: Feed A Family For $150 A Month
6 Moments Only Frugal Living People Understand [GIFs]
Here are some of the moments that only frugal living people can understand. In addition, here are some of the frugal living tips you can adopt if ever you want to start living frugally.
1. When you are trying to reach a certain money goal, but so many unexpected expenses keep popping up left and right.
Frugal living solution: If you want to reach your money goal or don't know where to even start, I recommend you try Qapital.
Like working out? How about skydiving? Or maybe riding a bus? Qapital will help you save money simply by doing what you do. The product is so genius no one thought about it until now. It doesn't get any better than that.
To put things in dollar terms, we saved $6,000 last year towards our goals because of Qapital even without us lifting a finger. We went from budget disasters to heavy-money savers.
Click here now to create a FREE account with Qapital. Don't put this off any longer. Act now so you can be on your way to saving money for good.
2. When you are trying to trim your expenses, but all of the things in your budget are needs.
Frugal living solution: When you've done everything you can to cut your expenses to their lowest level and still come up short, you need to ask for help.
Sounds costly, right? It can be, but it doesn't have to.
An app called Trim can literally save you money in the simplest possible way. It analyzes your accounts and searches for ways to save you money on everyday expenses like utilities, cable/internet bills, insurances, and more.
As frugal person as I am, Trim was able to cut our on-contract Verizon phone bill by $16.75/mo. That's $201/year.
What’s more interesting is that if you experience outages (e.g. your internet didn’t work for a couple of hours), Trim believes you deserve a credit and it will work with the providers to get you just that.
Click here now to start using Trim before this app closes its door for new registration. If people like me could save money in the way we didn't think we could, so can you.
3. When you are always on the budget for almost everything and anything that you do. You'll make sure you can get money back even from past purchases.
Frugal living solution: Retailers are known for changing their product prices from time to time. As frugal person, I hate to see when these prices drop right after I bought the products.
To top it all, I sometimes go to the extreme to get a couple of dollars back. I know for savers and budgeters like me, you exactly know what I'm talking about.
Now, thanks to Paribus, you can get your money back with no hassle. You'll find that using Paribus is one of the best ways to save money. Period.
Paribus will find out if stores owe you a refund-effortlessly! No more long lines, argument with the customer services, long on-hold telephone call, etc.
If you are on a budget and want every penny saved, then Paribus is for you. That's the best way to put it.
Click here now to create a Paribus account. The sooner you get it, the sooner you can start getting money back.
4. When you found yourself with more money than what you expected (even for a couple of dollars only)… you feel like rich.
Frugal living solution: It is frustrating when you see your bank account's balance goes down south faster than it goes north. For frugal people like me, this sight is excruciating.
On the other hand, when you found more money than you expected, you will feel like you won the lottery or something like that.
Strange as it may sound, I always find money coming in to my accounts without me exerting a lot of efforts. That's because I joined a couple of services or have apps that give me money by doing what I normally do.
If you like to make extra money doing what you normally do, I recommend you check out the following:
- Ebates – get up to 40% cash back over 2,000 stores
- Survey Sites like Ipsos, MyPoints, and SurveyClub – make up to $600/month. More info here.
- Swagbucks – earn for everything you do online. Plus, earn $10 BONUS when you sign up using my link.
5. When you made a decision that caused you to spend a little more money than you intended to… you feel the stupidest person in the world.
Frugal living solution: It's hard for frugal people to get pass a small financial mistake. I know a lot of you will agree with this statement.
Even the smartest person people in the world make mistakes (small or big). Don't beat up your head just because you make a mistake.
While you can save money in almost everything you do, there are times when you will make mistakes. That's ok. It's part of the game.
It's human nature to make mistakes. It's your fault though if you keep on making the same mistakes and not learn something from those.
6. When you discovered money hacks people tend to overlook… you feel like you're genius.
Frugal living solution: Do you have a hard time saving money or making money while the rest of the world do it like a pro (even without lifting their fingers)? Well, you are not alone.
I've known a lot of people who've tried their best to save and make money and still failed at it.
There are so many money saving tips out there to help you save as much money as possible. Here are among the best ones my wife and I have used for a couple of years now:
- Using Ibotta to save money on groceries and make money by achieving certain grocery-related goals.
- When eating out, order one meal and share. Restaurant meal servings are usually good for two or more people.
- Paying credit cards with higher interest rates by using personal loan with much lower interest rate. I paid off my cards (totaling to over $40K) with 14.99% APR in 2.5 years with a personal loan with a 4.99%. Click here for more info.
Living frugally can be hard but is doable. It takes guts, patience, and a lot of practice to get used to living a frugal life and make thrift tips (especially those mentioned above) to work. But once they work, they will work time and time again.
Are you thinking of becoming a frugal person and save money in the process? What other tips for frugal living you think of that some people think funny, odd, or something in between?