This “Best Blogging Tools For Bloggers” post details the tools every blogger needs to have in order to create a successful blog. This post contains affiliate links/ads. See disclosure policy.
If you want to create a blog, one of the things you need to learn is to find the blogging tools that will help your blogging journey become better and easier. I'll tell you that when I first created my blog, I had to try so many blogging tools because some of the ones that other bloggers recommended were simply difficult for me to use.
Here's my experience in a few sentences:
I used some blogging tools that crashed my blog. I used some tools that helped me achieve what I needed for my blog. In other words, I tried a lot of tools to make my blog what it is right now.
I was a novice blogger a year ago. I didn't know anything about blogging. It was hard for me to even understand the most basic coding for website development. This is why, I think, some of the recommended blogging tools by the bloggers were difficult for me to use. Did I just repeat myself? Haha.
- How To Create A Blog In 15 Minutes or Less
- Is Blogging For You? The Truths About Blogging
- How I Made $23,520.50 In 9 Months As A New Blogger
Best Blogging Tools For Bloggers
Good for you because I am laying out the blogging tools that I consider “must” for your blog.
Here are the best blogging tools you can use. You can be a novice, an intermediate, or an expert and will find these tools as useful and necessary for your blog's success.
Gone are the days when you needed knowledge on coding and website development (from scratch) to create your blog.
WordPress is easy-to-use. WordPress is love. WordPress is used by more than 70 million bloggers. Should I continue? I guess, you get the picture.
So what's so special or simple with WordPress that makes it the choice of many? Here are the answers to that question:
- FREE. Yes, WordPress is free to use. WordPress is a free software, which means that it can be downloaded, used, and altered to your liking.
- Ease-of-Use. WordPress is used by millions of people around the world. Every day, people create their websites using WordPress. There are a ton of tutorials, articles written regarding WordPress, among others.
- Tools and Resources. There are over 2,700 WordPress themes and over 30,000 plugins available for use. Some of them are free and some cost money.
- Different Media Types. WordPress can handle many types of media such as photos, videos, tweets, and others. This means that you can embed YouTube videos, Tweets, and others to your blog post.
I have always used Bluehost since I started blogging. When I was searching for a web hosting platform, I was looking for the following requirements (i.e. web performance, customer service, ease-of-use, and cost). Bluehost met all of these requirements and some more.
This is why I have never left Bluehost since day 1. When my blog started to pick up traffic, Bluehost was there to provide me the support I needed to ensure my blog was running smoothly and fast.
- Affordable. For just $2.95 per month instead of the regular $7.99/month, you can create your blog in no time. That's a cup of coffee from your favorite coffee house or gas station. That's 50% off the regular price.
- Reliability. Bluehost is reliable. Since I started using it, my site has never crashed or gone down. My blog did crash a couple of times because I made mistakes in my blog theme's coding. But Bluehost was there to rescue and help me.
- Fast. My blog speed is blazing fast. I can say with certainty that it's because of my web hosting server (i.e. Bluehost).
- Customer Service. Can I say more than outstanding? Bluehost representatives are available 24/7 and they are there to help you. When I started building my site, I heavily relied on Bluehost and their reps were there even when I kept asking question after another.
- FREE domain. The $2.95 per month includes a FREE domain.
- Ease-of-use. You can create your blog using Bluehost as your web hosting platform and WordPress in 15 minutes or less.
- 30-Day money-back guarantee. Your satisfaction is Bluehost's top priority.
- Over $150 in offers. Bluehost provides over $150 in offers. Leverage advertising offers from Google, Bing, etc. to grow your business – all included.
Be one of the few who can start a blog for a special price of $2.95/month instead of the regular price of $7.99/month. This is a special price I negotiated with Bluehost just for my readers. That's 50% off the regular price.
You will get a FREE domain and a great customer service. Really, you are saving money when you use my link even before you publish your first post. That's a best a way to start your blogging journey.
My tutorial will help you establish a blog in 15 minutes or less. You can also sign up for a FREE Blogging course, which is valued over $400 and also gives you access to an EXCLUSIVE Facebook group dedicated to supporting bloggers and help them grow their blog traffic and income. Again, access to these course and group is FREE.
My blog speed page on Pingdom is 1.02 s. That's blazing fast.
Yoast SEO (Free)
Since I've been listing blogging tools that are the #1s in their respective areas, I might as well, include Yoast SEO. Why? It's because it touts itself as the number #1 WordPress plugin for SEO. I totally agree.
If you desire to get your blog searched through Google, you definitely will need to use Yoast SEO. It will help you in the following ways:
- Length. Indicate whether the length of your post is good for SEO purposes.
- Page Title. Tell you if your page title has a good length.
- Keyword. Analyze if you are using the keyword often enough and in the right spots.
- Readability. Yoast SEO will analyze if your blog is easy to read. What it does is it analyzes the readability of the post you write.
We, now, live in a social media world. This means that it is in the best interest of bloggers to use social media platforms to market their blogs.
As a blogger, I have always leaned on Pinterest to drive traffic to my site. Most of my traffic comes from Pinterest. My traffic shoot from 0 to 160,000 monthly views in under a year. I thank Pinterest for that.
If you are a blogger or want to start a blog, you should consider investing time and effort on using Pinterest. There are a lot of courses out there to help you increase your blog traffic from Pinterest. Some are free and some cost money.
I highly recommend Pinterest Avalache. I took the course a month or two ago and have seen an increase in my blog traffic less than a month after I put into actions the strategies I learned from this course.
Pinterest is not only for fashion, food, or DIY-related blogs. It is accessible and traffic magnet for all types of blog niches. Just look at my blog. It is finance-related but I get the amount of traffic that DIY, fashion, and other blogs in popular niches get.
Here's a sample of the Pinterest Avalache‘s creator's page views. This is going to be me sooner or later.
Thrive Leads (cost varies)
If you want to grow you traffic and income, it is imperative that you have an email list and a growing one is always the better thing.
Mailing list is, by far, one of the most important assets you’ll have to grow your online business (e.g. blog). You get to deliver emails targeted at your audience and get traffic and, possibly, revenues without having to spend ad dollars on other marketing platforms.
I truly love Thrive Leads because it has helped me build an ever-growing mailing list with ease. Prior to using Thrive Leads, I would get 50 new subscribers every week. Now, I get at least 50 subscribers every day.
With Thrive Leads, I am able to target specific audience using specific strategies or subscriptions forms (i.e. opt-in forms). Thrive Leads i so simple that I was able to learn it in less than 30 minutes.
Believe me, Thrive Leads cost around $60 but every single penny is worth it. I’m a frugal person. I’d rather use a FREE emailing-type plugin but I chose Thrive Leads because it helps me grow my email list. It converts email subscribers into buyers.
My income increased by 10.44% after a month of using Thrive Leads.
Here are some of its features:
- Ease-of-use. No technical skill is required. You can watch the training videos and learn everything from these videos.
- Customer Service. It’s customer service is beyond outstanding. When I have a question, Thrive Leads provides answers promptly.
- Designs and Options. You can easily create beautiful opt-in forms in its visual editor. You create your own from scratch, use what it has, or modify what it has to suit your taste. Sky is the limit when it comes to designs and options.
- A/B Testing. You can always do A/B testing or experiments to see which opt-in forms convert better in terms of lead generation.
- Opt-in forms. The options are a lot, seriously. You can create a ribbon, an in-content, a sidebar, an exit-intent opt-in forms and so many more.
The kind of love I have for Pinterest is the kind of love I have for Canva.
If you want presence in Pinterest, then, Canva is a must for you. Canva is FREE and you can create beautiful, catchy, and convincing graphics you can use for Pinterest.
I used to use MS Paint to create my pins. It was difficult and so not-looking professional. Since I found Canva, I have never used any other graphics tool. You can create professional-looking graphics for FREE. Who doesn't like that?
You can create graphics not just for Pinterest. You can create graphics for Twitter, Facebook, books, business cards, wedding invitations, and others.
The image you see on the left is made via MS Paint while the one on right was created using Canva.
MyThemeShop (Cost varies)
I started with a FREE theme. It was great. It was minimalistic in design and I loved it. But when I started encountering problems, I had nobody to ask help from. Sure, the author of the theme provided some sort of assistance but it was limited and the answers were, to say the least, generic and didn’t apply to my situation.
That’s when I turned to a paid theme. I was very specific on what I wanted. One of those requirements was speed.
Remember that not all themes are created equal. Some will slow down your blog’s speed and performance and some will speed it up and make it more efficient.
I chose MyThemeShop because it is SEO optimized, its customer service is outstanding, and the theme design is perfect for me. Did I say that blog speed and performance improved dramatically? My blog’s speed was 4.97 s but now my blog speed hovers around 800ms to 2.54 s. It’s blazing fast.
One keynote I want to give is to not compromise your blog’s speed and performance.
A page that loads slower can mean a loss in potential readers and revenue. You’ll also get lower ranking in Google search when your site loads slow. You don’t want those when you’re trying to grow your blog.
Here are some features of MyThemeShop:
- New Themes. It adds at least one theme per month. All of its themes are compatible with WordPress.
- Responsiveness. All of its themes are responsive and user-friendly. Whether you’re using your phone, tablet, or desktop, your blog will have the same level of professional look every time.
- Customer Service. The support system it has is very active and you will get a response to your question promptly.
- FREE plugins. It has hundreds of free plugins you can use to improve the overall look and functionality of your blog and the experience of your blog’s users.
Jetpack is one of the plugins out there that has a ton of features. If you are using WordPress, you definitely need Jetpack.
Not only does Jetpack connect your self-hosted WordPress site to WordPress.com's infrastructure so you can take advantage of the wonderful features of WordPress but it also helps keep your site safe. While there are other plugins that can keep your site safe, why don't just do it with a plugin that can do that and some more.
Jetpack is a savior. It has always been. When I was started blogging, I worked on the back-end of my blog and made some mistakes causing my blog to crash.
Jetpack was there to help me get my back-up up and running in no time.
One of the most powerful and useful features of Jetpack is stats breakout. While you can do this with Google Analytics, you can easily see everything from traffic count to where the traffic is coming from all in one section. I don't think you can do that easily with Google Analytics.
Your WordPress needs to be cleaned for maximum efficiency. What do you use for that? You should use WP-Optimize.
If not for WP-Optimize, my WordPress's efficiency and my blog's speed and performance would be as low as a turtle due to all the drafts and revisions I make before publishing an article.
With WP-Optimize, you can optimize your WordPress with just a click of a button. A plugin like this is important especially for those who don't know a lot of technical stuff that go behind WordPress and other web development tasks.
Whether you are a novice, intermediate, or expert in WordPress or blogging, WP-Optimize is one of the best blogging tools you need to make sure you site is as efficient as it should be.
Here are some of its features:
- Clean up. Removes unnecessary data such as trash, unapproved messages, spam comments, pingbacks, and expired options.
- Optimizations. Performs optimizations (based on your requirements) without the need for running manual queries.
- Automation. Let's you automate the process of using the plugin, which means you can absolutely do the “set-it-and-forget-it” action that many like to do and still get the benefit of using the plugin.
- Operations. Alerts you of potential harmful operations.
A nice-looking, catchy picture brings life to your blog post or blog. No kidding. This is why you need to add pictures in your blog.
Imagine you go to a site that only has a bunch of texts. What would your reaction be? I bet that you would leave the site even before you see the specific post you want to read.
Images are essential not only to make your site a good-looking one but it is necessary for your blog’s success. When people don’t want to go to your site because it looks so dull and lifeless, your blog will stink.
Images can take up space in your blog and too many of those can slow down your blog speed and performance. You don’t want to happen to your blog.
What you need is Imagify.
Imagify will compress your images without degrading or sacrificing the images’ quality.
Some features of Imagify include the following:
- It has normal, aggressive, and ultra compression options. Depending on your need, you can use normal option without loss of image quality to ultra option with tiny loss of quality but serious image optimization.
- You get to optimize 25MB images (roughly 250 images) for FREE every month. You’ll also receive additional 25MB upon registration.
These are the blogging tools you need to create a successful and profitable blog. Do you know of any other blogging tools that are essentials to a blog's success?